Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Sole Mate


for my Husband


Made for each other
Like the pea and the pod,
Like trees and a forest
Or the fly and the frog.

Like tires and cars,
Like stones in a river,
The moon and the stars
Are made for each other.

Like left goes with right,
And fly goes with kite,
As wood takes to flame,
We are the same.

The yin and the yang,
Cinnamon and tang,
Like fresh sheets on a bed,
Like pillow and head.

Made for each other
Like words in a rhyme,
Or a great recipe
With basil and thyme,

Like feet go with shoes,
We are a pair.
Wherever I go
You’re sure to be there.

Like a drum with a beat
Like singer and song
You para- to my keet
And I ping to your pong.

You’re the laugh to my cry
I’m the pace to your gait,
When I’m not there
I’ve noticed you wait.

You’re the push to my buttons,
The author I’ve read.
How did you get
So deep in my head?

Like a cold with a sneeze,
Like the birds and the bees
If I am the car,
You are the keys.

If I am the food,
You are the plate
But please don't get mad
If supper is late.

You’re the think of my thought
I’m the prisoner you’ve caught
And when we must part
You’re the beat of my heart.



Sage Creek Road



Home Again ,Home Again

Jiggety Jog





2 comments :

  1. How fun! Okay this time I can definitely relate to your poetry. You are so creative with words and I am joyful at all the rhyming. Great job!

    This time (I hope it's the first time!) I notice your photo credits. Now I can be SURE it is your awesome photography making appearance :)I like the plane wing-tip picture especially. What a beautiful skyscape/sunset(or is it sunrise?)!

    Happy day to you!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the type of simplicity that happens when I'm pressed for time. :) Glad you like it. Yes, that was the sun setting as we left Arizona on Sunday afternoon. We landed about 6:30 in Billings, so this was more than half way through our flight. Again I was not blessed with the window seat, but had to capture what I could because it made me breathless. Yes on the photo credits. All the pictures have been mine anyway. I saw a blog post on using the copyright to protect your work somewhat, at least, so spent some time developing my own logo. Not sure it's wonderful, but anyway, it was something fun for me and I hope it has some appeal. Did you know that Alt+0169 will made the copyright symbol? Good to know if you ever need it.

    ReplyDelete