Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Collecting My Thoughts


Morning posed on yon horizon,
Rest' on distant waiting breast,
Entranced, I thought I saw
The crowning of my quest;

For with daybreak's Robin
I witnessed eye to eye,
But ’twas an unseen worm
He paused to hear, not I.

Fleeting moments cherished
Arrest' on frequency unseen
May charm us to the core,
May seem possessed of wings,

Woven by multitudes of thought,
We see a reality which is,
And also one which
We might say, is not.

Words are powered to beguile
By silent witness matched,
How long the traitor's tongue
Has resonance attached?

Will the message in the darkness
Languish, fail to be defined,
When response betrays the thought,
By silent speech refined?

Though in stillness could be hid,
With practice, veiled emotion,
When the softest breath is stayed;
We’d capture animation.

If stillness undetected
Plied by advanced device,
Like mysterious ether
Bears silent waves of light,

If through suppression we suspect
Meaning was ensnared
How is essence of nothingness
Or Obsolete declared?

More surely heard than motion
Fractal existence is betrayed,
Bears record that a touch alone
 Our deepest fears allayed.


Jingle Bell Rock


4 comments :

  1. Thank you for regularly posting on your blog! I continue to admire your ability to form poetry. Hopefully it helped you "collect your thoughts" because I just couldn't bring together mine enough to figure it out :D Oh well. Must be I need some lunch!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, that's about how I feel about most poetry ( a little bit lost and hungry) but lunch doesn't usually help me much which means it must be working. I had a dream last night that needs to be made into a poem ~ about experiencing winters beauty without the cold. I think it was because of some bar stools I saw that were upholstered in blue fabric with silver snowflakes. My inspiration comes from things that don't make a lot of sense, which is why it helps me collect my thoughts perhaps, and why poetry could end up being somewhat unclear. Is there such a thing as a "poetic frequency"? Maybe you have to be "in the zone".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Just checking in as I pause between tasks on this Monday morning. Lots to do but always like checking your blog and enjoy reading your poetry and seeing what photos you took this week. Wonderful again. I am not in the poetic frequency but you are and I admire your results.

    We had an excellent experience eating at the Chef's table this weekend with friends. Hope we can do that when you come sometime. This chef is an artist with food and the attention to detail is amazing. I've experienced alligator for the first time and it was great.

    btswdnwtbioti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've had alligator, breaded and deep fried. Weren't you with us at 1000 Springs? I want to see pictures of your Chef's artistry, please! Would love to get some new presentation ideas, that is an area where I could use some pointers. Good to hear from you occasionally! Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete