Friday, November 2, 2012

Lessons from Lemons



A great man is always willing to be little. 



Ralph Waldo Emerson




Mornin' ladies, my goodness don't you look happy. Must be cuttin' somebody up pretty good. 
Andy Griffith 



Behind every small business, there's a story worth knowing. All the corner shops in our towns and cities, the restaurants, cleaners, gyms, hair salons, hardware stores - these didn't come out of nowhere. 


Paul Ryan 


Where I asked to stop for a photo because it was so beautiful and didn't get much-
On the Way to Worland

Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished 
at the cheap price of rhetoric. 

Thomas Sowell 
 




My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. 



Steve Jobs 




Children's talent to endure stems from their
 ignorance of alternatives. 

Maya Angelou 



Act as if what you do makes a difference.  It does.  ~William James

Good Morning, Sunshine!



Night Vision

I am alone, an earthbound traveler,
Passing through a silent night,
Against the darkest navy mountains,
Through waning moments of softened light.

I’m almost home, and quite alone in a
Cherished interlude of peace;
I question even my perception
Awakened now to sensory caprice.

Seven brilliant shining crystals,
Sparkling there in heaven’s magnitude
An ancient constellation, faithful witness
And solemn denial of solitude.

Upon stealthy shades of blue night shadows
Circled moon in gauzy cloak,
Full evidence of that brilliant orb,
Watcher, Man in the Moon, familiar folk.

Beyond my reach with countenance aglow
Silent, suffering questions
A glowing partner in crime
By virtue of association.

A frothy vapor trail is evidence
Lesser creatures intrude unquell'd
That mortals have dared to touch the sky
Have risk'd approaching thresholds where E’en dwells.

Silent sentry of the passing moment,
Vigilant keeper o're my way,
Manifesting to generations
Higher things and quiet closing day.

Sunrise
If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her 18th birthday,
you can get out of bed. 
 
~E. Jean Carroll

How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young? 

~Paul Sweeney

2 comments :

  1. I like your quotes this time around.

    Have been working on my scrapbook as my main leisure time activity. So far I have 16 out of 40 pages done...or mostly done. I may go back and add a few things here and there. I have been amused at how many different ideas I have been able to use! And I am learning that my kind of creativity flows best when I just dive in and start a page, with maybe one idea I want to use but things grow from around that. NOT planning ahead too much and yet it's going together quite well. I know you'll love it. :) Today my house is glittery from a glitter+glue section. Looks like fairy dust.

    An apple pie is going to come out of the oven in a few minutes so I'd better pay attention to that. Planning to make applesauce next week from a box of apples we got from Lyle's uncle. Yum!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense. Terrifying. Unbelievable. Wasn't ready. My first overwhelming reaction to the thought of redoing all my pictures in memory albums was to run in the other direction. Decided to practice my procrastination skills instead. Now I need to go help Jerry search for a Home Depot receipt. I maybe can handle that!

      Delete