Thursday, November 7, 2013

Multiple Choice

Glow Sticks



Sunlight Shimmer




Not-Too-Shabby Chic



Natural Remedies



Ms. Loretta Alexander's Purple House





The most difficult thing about being a mom is ___.

A)  Realizing you just lost your temper over something trivial and you look like an idiot.

B)  Changing gears emotionally.  

(from being a mom helping with homework - to making sure the homework, lunch and child all get to school - to paying the bills - to trying to fix a meal everyone likes - to counseling about problems at school - to going to bed in your sexy lingerie - all without missing a beat.)

C)  Boredom -the same old routine - piles of smelly laundry, cleaning and                cooking week in and week out.

D)  Lack of sleep

E)  Staying in the budget.

F)  Making a budget in the first place.

G)  Finding a way to blend your favorite childhood memories with his favorite        childhood memories and coming up with a new tradition that everyone loves.

H) When your grown child recalls the stupid things you made them do, like help carry home several car loads of rocks from the river to make a garden path. 

I) Squabbles.

J) When people give you unsolicited and completely erroneous advice. 

K) Confidently proceeding to parenthood with what you thought you knew about raising kids and finding out you didn't get the updates.

L) All of the above.


The best thing about being a mom is ___.


M) Softly kissing the cheek of your sleeping young child while hoping they won't wake.

N) Watching their excitement when they find "the perfect gift" for you.

O) Listening when they just need to talk.

P) Unplugging the toilet all by yourself.

Q) Answering important questions like, "What happens after we die?"

R) The "discovery channel". 

S) The moment in the middle of the night when your husband catches the           hamster  as he is crossing the aluminum foil floor trap for the treat in the middle.

T) Teaching moments - when the light bulb goes on.

U) Working together in harmony while cleaning up after dinner.

V) Knowing them by heart.

W) Finding out that children are learning along with you so Career Day is happening more often than you think.

X) All of the above.

Give up?  I didn't know the correct answer, either, 
so I added L and X). 


Frosty Morn



"About Face"
KING OF THE CHICKEN YARD

7 comments :

  1. Aside from the "all of the above" choices, if I had to pick one for each, I would pick C for the first and W for the second :) This post seems tailored to me (heehee) but as I type that, I realize that I am not the only mom with young kids right now...far from it!! Hooray for all moms :D

    Today was the school's Veteran's Day assembly. It was kinda cheesy but elementary-school-style cute too. I sat there respectfully with my cute little girl who was also sitting quietly, looked around and decided maybe I DO have it all together, because there are quite a few other parents that don't. And then the truth came to me as I dragged that same 3-year-old (sobbing) out of the school after it was over (she got the erroneous idea that she would get to stay at school for lunch, and PE, and maybe the rest of the day...) -- Moms are all in this together.

    Recovered from that episode by taking sobbing 3-year-old out to lunch for a little one-on-one time, then came home to a chilly house so started the fire. Now we are content and toasty warm. Will need to venture out again here in a little bit though, to get dog food and pick up missy from school (my third trip there today *sigh*).

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said sobbing three-year-old has ultra-sensible mom. Go figure. Oh the drama to come! I think C. is a great choice for most difficult. I don't know what can be worse than boredom so I found lots of ways to break the day into more interesting segments (what craft did I not pursue?) and had lots of bookkeeping to keep organized, too. When we finally got a nice laundry room it was time to move - so I learned its best to be content with an unfinished laundry room. When complaining seemed to come over me, I thought of ladies washing in streams and rivers or having to move and decided to keep still. Sure is nice to work in a clean and orderly area, though. Another challenge was learning to organize my time so none of it went to waste. Lest we become complacent, there is always a challenge, no? Note to self: Must rise to occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I don't know why, but I am still waiting for boredom. Maybe because I have been able to still find time for creativity or socializing. A or F for me then, H now. X is a definite. I am sad to find out just how many things I did wrong, or wish I had done differenftly. However, there is always someone who has it worse off and I have amazing adult children who for the most part are kind about my mistakes. You are both amazing and don't ever forget that! And so are your children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the bestest cheerleader! Thank you! F was really hard for me, but a couple of different seminar speakers really helped me get over feeling victimized about it. Kids can be brutal in their assessment of their raising. Speaking of brutal, I cringe over Mindy's descriptions of me combing her hair - and when I didn't tackle it and took the pictures anyway. That little pixie cut that she got after her five year old brother thought she should have a haircut like his, really was the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About parenting... I marvel at how quickly time flies, and wish I could have a "do over!" I am so proud of my "boys" (ok, men) and I don't know if it's menopause or what, but everytime I see an eight-year old boy, I miss that stage the most! I loved their little-boy smelliness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys have an outdoorsy scent, kind of like puppies! An occasional bath is nice, if they smell like they've been rolling in something dead, but otherwise my nose harbored no objection to the odor of either one! My car, on the other hand, which to my knowledge had never been introduced to baby bottles, smelled of sour milk during the summer ; mysterious, but easily masked with a cotton ball soaked in lemon essential oil. Bevie, I think the only do-over may be Grandparenting, which is a shame considering all we learned the first round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, here I am about to correct you again: We don't see those things as errors, so you mothers must not take it personally. We love those stories, it is the filling of memories and what brings your children together.

    ReplyDelete