Wednesday, March 27, 2013


Spring Ahead


 Sober-sides, getting reacquainted

Vintage

“Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.” 





Birthday Girl Celebrates At Basel Cellars






http://tmaccarones.com/





It finally happened.  I got the GPS lady so confused, she said, 
"In one-quarter mile, make a legal stop and ask directions." 

~Robert Brault,www.robertbrault.com






A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, 
and by car forever after.  


~Peter De Vries





We're America the Beautiful, not America 'Well, At Least She Has a Great Personality'.













If everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane. 






 Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to 
smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams. 

 ~Mary Ellen Kelly






Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes! 

 ~Dr. Paul MacCready, Jr.


Showing Off the Shoes ~ New and Old



Via SLC View




Glitter




Merry Heart



Blooming Where Planted





I've forgotten most the details of working in the fields, 
Who inspired whom never really seemed to matter.
Was it she who reminded me to pause and rest,
And when we should drink the water?






Remember that I wrote a pavane for a dead princess, and not a dead pavane for a princess!


Nervous Neighbor Dog



Forever Blond - Marilyn Monroe


Wings


Sleepytime



Surprise, She's a Shopper


Extreme complication is contrary to art.







All in favor of conserving gasoline, please raise your right foot.  ~Author Unknown




6 comments :

  1. Okay I must admit that I have always thought that "vintage" blue truck was an eyesore. In fact, that most of my neighbors' yards were an eyesore. Beautiful photography and editing work!

    So fun to see pictures of things I see all the time on your blog. Helps me appreciate those little moments. Wish that would happen more often!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, I have had my eyes out for an interesting old truck for quite awhile; the overall effect is rather charming, I thought. That is not to say I would have given the conglomeration a warm welcome to my neighbors' yard either! We actually have our own stack of discarded water heaters that very much challenge my sense of aesthetics and I'm not about to ask what my neighbors think of them. I got quite a few fun pictures around your neighborhood, so many that I had to leave some out, a favorite of the two girls, that should have been posted here, but never did get a picture of any daffodils, although there were bright yellow clumps of them all over the place! I loved our time there with your family and thank you so much for your accommodating early morning delivery service to PSC as well as the musical birthday card, loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your trip! A delight to my eyes and heart. I am thankful that you created some more good memories while celebrating your birthdays together. Monika, thanks for all you do and for sharing photos of people and places I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! What a great time! Thank you for the wonderful photos and prose. Thank you for the visit. I just can't get enough of you. Have been working on photos today and hope to have them on Picasa soon so you can see all of them. I like the photos you chose to display here. I know there are hundreds of others that could have been here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what the doc ordered, right? Plotting my next trip west already...beyond the June wedding that is. Meanwhile, looking forward to your submissions. Yes, it was a little hard to narrow it down this time! Oh boy, better set aside some money next time, right? :) Uff da!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been reading my new book we got while you were here. "The Greatest Salesman in The World" I recommend it.

    Yes, we either need to set aside money or promise ourselves to find some other method of entertainment. However, I did enjoy all the wonderful things we did that took money. Setting aside some money seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete