Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Not So Easy Street






Fancy Stuff



“Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break.” 






The Marilyn Effect

                

            Silent on Purpose

To this day after all those years
Silence reigns, silent tears.
Silent friend I’ve known forever
We’ve spent lots of time together
Silence knows when words get stuck,
Doesn’t leave when I’m out of pluck.

When fractured pieces of my heart
Earthquake shattered and missing part
Are jumbled pieces all awry
Jagged, sharp, I softly sigh,
Thankful to remember then
Silence is my dearest friend.

Pray, she whispered. My knee did bend.
This my friend said, "Try again."
And reminded me I won’t regret
Words I have not uttered yet.
Silence taught me to give things time
That someday things will all be fine.

Instructions say my hopeful fate
Is biding time, that I must wait.
Quiet friend, no need to phone
Just knows I need the time alone
My sure and silent, waiting friend
May be the best there’s ever been.

Oh sadness left in hopeless wake
Time has gone, left sorrow's ache.
If only Misery had been forsaken!
The comfort is no truth was taken.
The one thing left that I can keep
Is what I sow, that I shall reap.



Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.” 








8 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I don't know what else to say. I got the book and will start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo! I had to enlarge it to figure it out, though. My first thought was one of those little plastic tunnel things that kids crawl through at an indoor playground :) Neat effect though.

    Ordered Whale Done and will get it next week. Excited about that book!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Glad you like it! I was just having a bit of fun with Picassa. Probably need to branch out with my photo editing in my non-existent free time. :) But if you have a little poetry, picassa and pictures maybe you don't need free time. Eek... on the bookwork, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are good. Great writing and fun photos. Like your special effects. Nice union Sunday today. Miss you. Loved, loved, loved our time together. Want more. Will call you in the next two days. Have been working on the photos and they are not ready to send but will send the link anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was looking on your blog again today and scrolled through the post once more. "Lucy" was naming the pictures as we went down and when she saw the last one that was artsy edited, she did not even think about it before saying "Bonda's camera, colored"! She is smart. It took me a LOT longer to figure that out than it took her. Sometimes wish I had a different perspective. Need to work on that.

    LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning. This might not be a good weekend for this but I'm encouraging you to treat us to another blog post based on your weekend. I'm sure it will be precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have a blog post in mind about my weekend, but have held off to get some other stuff done...that's me, delayed gratification. The surround sound of my week didn't really allow for that diversion. Hopefully I'll be able to post next week. Love you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my dear sister! I miss your blog posts. No, don't feel bad for not having one, but just know that I love to read them and look forward to when you have some time for a new one. I miss you and will keep trying to call when I have time. Headed into a 25 hour shift. Love you!

    ReplyDelete