Monday, March 11, 2013



Never A Dull Moment





Dawn to Dusk



Geyser's on the Terrace




Rotary Show Cowboy Poet


This morning's rush was unique in that Jerry had to be somewhere early Monday morning.  He usually leaves his Monday morning schedule open to take care of any plumbing semi-emergencies that made it through the weekend and have become urgent priorities.  Despite the aberration,  the usual confusing mix of activities was in progress.  While I sliced tomatoes to place in the container under the spaghetti I was warming for his lunch, and cleaned the celery, Jerry made a beeline through the kitchen from one doorway to another as he said, "Have you noticed if there have been any grass clippings in the electric bill?"

Confused, I paused for a moment, trying to figure out how grass clippings and electric bill could somehow have a connection.  Nothing.  Without answering, I paused a moment longer. Have I noticed...grass clippings...electric bill.

Nope,  I didn't get it.

Knife and celery in hand, but still puzzled, I said, "What did you just say?"  I must have used italics when I spoke because he stopped in his tracks, turned toward me and said: "Have you noticed any drastic difference in the electric bill lately?"   Giggling now, I responded, "Do you want to know what I thought you said?"  As I waited for his answer, visions of my small, white-haired grandmother are flashing in my head.  Silent, listening, a tiny silly smile.

Yes, he decided, he would like to know what I thought he said. Although wondering why there could be a noticeable difference in the bill, I set that question aside for the moment and tried to tell him what I had heard him say.  Overcome by the giggles, the words couldn't find their way out of my mouth around my sense of humor. I thought back about noticing my Grandma not saying a word, and I understood something.   I managed to say a few words, but by now tears were streaming down my face along with the laughter, so in the end, words didn't have a chance.  I finally managed to sputter it out, and added  "Getting old is going to be so much fun!"

The heat in the floor of the master bathroom got hooked up last month.  Yes, it is lots nicer than cold tile in winter.

Note to self:  1.  Thank husband for warm floor.  2.  Pay electric bill.  3.  Smile.

A Little Wrung Out?


Eye of the Beholder

Double Take -
at first glance I thought she was
 wearing a lei.
(This is Wyoming in winter where
lei's would be noticed.)

Making His Escape

This Table Spread

Calla Lillies ♥

Boiler Problem 


Puckered Up


Will It Work?
Alterations


Voila'!


I do believe this is progress!

It's My Job!

Interesting Juxtaposition

Dessert at the Terrace
~consistently good!


Spaghetti To Go On The Go.
It is I!

7 comments :

  1. That is too funny! Thanks for the smile this morning, beautiful sister! Glad to see the progress on the house and that your floors are warm! Now that we have wood floors and we are heating with a pellet stove that is upstairs, I notice that our floors are cold. Socks, no matter what color combo are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, warmer than they were. For about $40 a month more, but it has been cold, so we shall see as time goes on. I only took a picture of the socks because they reminded me of you, because they were so bright, and not because I have another pair just like them although I would like to. Your carefree fashion risk taking gives me courage to clash and enjoy it. This does not always go over so well in conservative Wyoming, however, so I hope you know what a trouble maker you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of pictures! I am really enjoying them, over and over.

    Are those your new mint-colored scarf and beautiful lace cami that you got when I was there?" Looks great together, especially with those soft touches in the photography!

    I really like your photos of your dining-out experience. Very classy! At least you make it seem so!

    You did a wonderful job of sharing your "what I thought you said" story and it was a good one. I love your humorous perspective on it (adding in how much fun it was going to be to get old) and I can't help but wonder just what combination of things led up to your being so tickled that early in the morning?!?! I don't think my husband or I would have reacted the same way to a communication misunderstanding, especially first thing in the morning...

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story was delightful. Thank you. Love your photos, every one...especially the last one of you. Your beauty and serenity are so admirable. Oh and don't forget I enjoy your sense of humor so much. Nice socks. I have shoes just like that. Enjoy checking your blog every few days to see who has commented and what you have added. Love you. Miss you.

    btswdnwtbioti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interested in your comments. Yes, you have confirmed for me that pictures are fun, even bad ones! I am having trouble holding my little camera still. My Canon has built in image stabilization and I use the small one rarely because it goes through the charge so fast, that I don't get much practice! Will need to try to remember for next round. Yes, I did pair the scarf I bought when we shopped in Billings with a cami I have had for awhile. I do like the new camisoles a lot and wish I had bought more while I had the chance, but this was a fun combination that kind of just happened because I was needing that extra layer. As far as getting tickles early in the morning, I don't know why. My sense of humor acts rather capriciously, I think. I never know when something will set me off. I could just imagine my grandma and how some comments could sound a bit risque if slightly twisted, and it made me laugh. Grass clippings are rather tame in comparison, but you have to understand our communication style is often fairly unpredictable and convoluted, so you have to laugh. I'm sure that contributed to the moment. Jerry didn't find it nearly as funny as I did, which is typical. And funny. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sense of humor is more developed than mine. I have enjoyed many a laugh because you inspired it in me and helped me see the funny side of life. You are a treasure. I would be more like Jerry and need it all explained to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I love photos. If bad, blurry is all you get then so be it, at least we get the flavor of the moment. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete