Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Pleiades 
  or, Oh My Stars!


Buckets



I'm so glad I never feel important, it does complicate life!

Eleanor Roosevelt



Have you learned the lessons
 only of those who admired you, 
and were tender with you,
 and stood aside for you? 
Have you not learned 
great lessons from those 
who braced themselves against you,
 and disputed passage with you?

Walt Whitman






Skyline

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind. 

~William Butler Yeats 



Shopping with my sister.  Who do we know that fits a 24 mo. size? 


Looking at life and tractors through my sister's eyes. 
Busload of Possibilities:

Buggy Windshield
Blogging Day Sunrise

Sometimes you can’t.
You just can’t.  Well, they say you can.  Where there is a will there is a way, or so they say.
Well then, where is the will?  I can find no way.  Therefore there is no will and honestly, it could be a won't. Fine.  Right now, in this moment, I'm okay with that.

The wall.  I found mine. I hit it and it does not consist of marshmallows.
It is, at the moment, in my perception, completely comprised of brick. 
Hard, durable, fired brick.  Rough and tough.  Like the brick that breaks wind.  
So the wolf can't blow the house down.

And right now that’s where I am.  At the wall.  In a place of frustration, against the wall.  Up against it, leaning on it, not trying to remove it, no attempts to crawl over it.  Just done.
But I know that however unable or unwilling I am to climb over it, no matter that I try to say enough, I am in this moment knowing with great certainty, it is never, never enough.  

For this moment I conjure up like a magician a hare from a hat, but the hare is dead.
Must have a funeral, make a note of that.  Rabbit funeral.  Flowers, box. A shoe box would work. Shovel.  Dead rabbit.  Box of tissue for the tears.  A prayer.  

Sleep.  Blissful surrender until the strength comes from a new day.  When again, I pull live rabbits out of hats;  shiny hats with rabbits in them. Amazing.  
  


“Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” 
                                                                                                       Malcolm S. Forbes


Suggestions for blogging photos from my sister. 


















Sewing with my sister.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


She smells beautiful!

A new candy dish, maybe?
+


For it was not into my ear you whispered, 
but into my heart. 
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Judy Garland



Washed my windows, breathtaking view over the kitchen sink!

Mom's Potato Salad in the Making



"My sister taught me everything I need to know, and she was only in the sixth grade at the time."

~Linda Sunshine~

Another drive-by shooting this week.




To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle. 

Walt Whitman




Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.

Albert Einstein


Calling a Cowboy
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.





Few are those who see with their own eyes 
and feel with their own hearts.



Albert Einstein



She Shops Secondhand Stores





Quietly Remembering
9/11/12 Downtown Fire Hall, Cody, Wyoming



6 comments :

  1. How are you doing today my dear sister? I wish I had stayed that extra week except for the lovely day in Walla2. It was so nice. I was sure tired last night, and got home at 10:30 to a very clean house and no sheets on the bed. Guess what I focused on? Grumble, grumble!!! Missed out on fresh peaches as they were closed when we got there, but a box of pears arrived today, so I will still can. Anyway, I hope that you are doing well now that we are gone. Create, my dear sis, create!!! And send photos of the blouse when it is done! I LOVED my days with you and wish that we had more. I am looking forward to the next time. Thanks for everything! And the birthday gift, etc. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So enjoyed your visit. Thanks for leaving a little star dust behind as N said this a.m. As the time slips quickly by, creating is definitely on my to do list this week. Thanks for your wonderful help on speeding up the process.

      Delete
  2. How nice to finally tuck in a phone chat today. I don't particularly want to clean house so I'm stalling again. Realized it had been long enough since I last checked your blog that you may have blogged again so am delaying again. Also, Annabelle mentioned she was in the mood for chicken last night so I have some frying now. Also, mashed potatoes in the making. She thought she could eat a little fish so I ran home last night and got the Alaska Halibut that was marinating in orange zest and orange juice. Took it back over there quick like and fried it fast. Then ran to the store to pick up something quick for supper. It was Wednesday night so we walked into meeting a little late. It was about prayer and fasting. I could go a long time just focusing on that. Need to!

    Now I really need to get the house clean. No more stalling.

    Love you and enjoy your blog.

    btswdnwtbioti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You busy girl, you! Dinner sounds delish. Mom fixed a new-to-us halibut recipe while she was here. Loved it! However, your's may have fewer calories! And I know all about stalling, unfortunately. Oh, the distractions. Now I MUST get to work, too!

      Delete
  3. I am finding simple pleasures in the photos from your neat perspective. Cool paint buckets! It's just neat enough it might be one of those things I put on my desktop for awhile!! Okay, yeah, I just did. Yay me :)

    Recently we were reminded of that quote about insanity and it has popped up numerous times in just a few short weeks. And here you have it again! Have learned many lessons, naturally and spiritually, from it. Sometimes it has lightened the mood, sometimes it is serious.

    Your writing this time reminded me of those exercises we occasionally did in school where we get a pencil and paper and for a certain amount of time, just wrote down the words going through our minds, whether they made sense or not. Not thinking, just writing. Actually kind of fun and good practice. I'm sure there is important meaning behind your thoughts, but to one who has no idea what that meaning might be, it did seem that one thought went to another and then to the next but the last one did not necessarily relate to the first one. Loving your exploration of all different types of writing!!

    LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it was free writing. It made sense to me at the time, and helped me work through some frustration. I probably would have done better to put the serenity prayer in that spot! You know, Changing the things we can, accepting the things we can't, and having the wisdom to know the difference! However, I think when we always try to present our best side we do ourselves and the world a grave disfavor. Often I'm actually scrambling for a foothold, making a path where there is none, so to speak. Could it be from being the first child? There was no one to show me the way, and I found mostly many ways were not open to me so I have often had no choice but to go rogue, to stumble along, not really appreciating the uncertainty, but getting used to emerging as a somewhat wounded survivor. I really like your work with the buckets. I hadn't thought of repeating the theme as you did. It does look fun, and also a bit like a screen print, as for fabric. It was my favorite picture this week, however, as I was taking the pictures of the horse, as Janis will attest, I was catching my breath in awe at the soft glows and greens that appeared in my viewer.

      Delete