Thursday, March 15, 2012



If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
Percy Bysshe Shelley



Sonnet XVIII


Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
   So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
   So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
~William Shakespeare~


FTD delivery from Mindy
East Morning Glory
Southern Response



Favorite dish from my sister:

Canned tomatoes, sliced, Olive oil above and below, sprinkled
with sea salt and basil.  Smoked on the grill several hours or in
the oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
  Turn occasionally. 
Candied Tomato Slices
Beat One Egg...
One egg crepe.


Filling is whatever is on hand.  I used candied tomatoes,
 chopped spinach and Parmesan Cheese.

Also very good with fresh basil and crab.

                                                                                                     





If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. 
Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."



"
Saturday Multi-tasking.
On the way to the gym on Saturday morning we picked up this piece
of pipe at the shop in town, and also part of a tree that had blown down.
 We needed a red flag and didn't have one.  Yellow caution tape and orange spray paint did the trick.




                                                                              


 Also burned ditches...what a nice day...and worked on putting in plumbing for a washer and dryer at the rental...he's so productive!

THE SILENT TREATMENT

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.

The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."

Organizing is what you do before you do something,
so that when you do it, it isn't all mixed up.
A.A. Milne





 What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork. 
Pearl Bailey





Kiwi, banana, cottage cheese, a splash of milk,
spinach, honey.
Saturday morning-after-workout-

blender-breakfast.
Jerry thought this looked like something 
unmentionable, not unmentionable to him, but
unmentionable to me.  He was pleasantly surprised
 when he tasted it. :)

87. Cuddle together under a full moon on a clear night.  




Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

6 comments :

  1. Enjoying your post! I especially love that one about people are meant to be loved, things are meant to be used. I'd like to keep that in mind! :) Good to hear of your days. Ours are plugging along. There was some burning ditches in town the other day - getting rid of all those pesky tumbleweeds. Lyle is doing a bunch of trimming and pruning and it's looking nice around here... Pretty soon all the trees will bud out and the place will start looking pretty again! Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found little buds on our bushes yesterday, when we gaothered up some of the pruning Jerry did around the house. It's been 55-65 degrees or more, so I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. So dry...watering trees. Jerry said the neighbors called and their basement is flooded. He was joking...kind of. I left the water on the strawberries all day. Looks like we might have lost a few plants, although some are doing well. Need to call you and get an update...missing your news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving they funny quotes. Really liked the one about proposing, dad always says it was you and so does grandpa about grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding Mindy's post :)

    Lyle hasn't come right out and SAID I proposed but I'm sure he feels I started the whole thing. NOT that he didn't want to get married but that's just an awkward kind of thing for most guys, hm?

    For the record, my dad says he proposed but my mom says she doesn't remember that happening.

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Silent Treatment had me laughing.

    Your flower photos are wonderful.

    That photo about people and things...is that carved into a wood floor somewhere? I like it. It is a great quote and a great way to display it.

    Blender breakfast looks great.

    Candied tomato photos are excellent. Makes me want to make them.

    Your courage to photograph a messy desk is notable. I don't yet have the courage to post a photo of mine which looks every bit as "in-use" as yours.

    Your beautiful photos bring me much enjoyment.

    Thank you!

    The Sister...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your quotes. Good reminder about the People are to be loved and Things are to be used. Yummy breakfasts! The omelets are my favorites! So glad to have sisters that are "foodies" so they can teach me to cook!

    Today I am thinking about my sisters and loving them. When pregnant with my third child, "The Sister" came to visit and cooked me meals in individual portions for the freezer to grab when I needed something or needed something to feed my other children when I couldn't bear to do any cooking. Today I am paying it forward.

    Thinking of many times of spending time with you. When I couldn't make it "home", I had another home to come visit. Thanksgiving, spring-time and lambing season, game nights, etc.

    ReplyDelete