Thursday, February 2, 2012

♪♫

...drops of golden sun...




I found beauty in yesterday.  This morning 

as the snow began to fall, I felt a deep sense of well-being.

How can these things be?





Accepting the situation.  Arches remind me of rainbows.


This way?



Austrian Pine



Lesson learned...double check your camera setting.



Wyoming, in the Dead of Winter


Farmer's Delight, 
a post, straight and strong.
And note those weeds getting really big.  They need to be removed 

after the next helping of moisture.  Remember to bring gloves.  


Beauty in a moment.







Golden Willow


Learning to see...finding my 
eye.  
The sun on the 
Golden Willows
was delightful, but I knew it wouldn't be easy 
to express the full "glowi-ness" with the camera.

Through the lens I saw 
this water-color-y effect 
and decided I liked it, 
but I didn't know if
the camera would 
capture it.
Digital photos are great...
I ran inside, loaded my 
results onto the computer...and 
Voila'!






Mourning another way of life.
















Bending, alone, or so it may seem.  Perhaps bending toward
 companionship?  Or perhaps just "being", like in yoga, a
tree bending in the wind.  Expectation, for
the moment, is set aside
and the interlude simply enjoyed.
Breathe.

Namaste.







Making Hay While the Sun Shines 

Remembering and acknowledging difficult moments with a little giggle.
One Fourth of July was spent waiting and watching father and son working on this baler.
The head and body of one was laying on the bale chute inside this machine, feet and legs only appeared.


Hours of precious daylight passed, we waited anxiously, brought lunch, stood by, hoped.

Friends and family may have been going to the parade, boating, or attending a family picnic.

Our one concern was that the baler would be fixed and work could resume to finish one custom
haying project and move on to the next one, and the next.  The simple gravity and urgency of our concern swept away any feeling of envy toward someone living an easier life.
If hindsight really is 20/20, what lesson did I learn?



Need clears away the "cobwebs".


You have a friend.










Posted by Picasa

3 comments :

  1. If you drop in, would love it if you say, "Hi!" Please don't be shy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your photos. Capturing the world around you and sharing with others so far away! Outside is cold and foggy today. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny but cold, so we'll see if this burns off soon. Heading to Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates class in a little while so that will be good. Was in WW yesterday for some relaxing together time and got home late so I'm tired and maybe class will perk me up! Warm fire going in the house. Kids tired too so they're draped around on the furniture, resting. Love you! Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Letitia! Funny to think of the girls "draped" around! Ha! I'm sure just about anyone would be draped around the furniture after spending a day with your mom!
    Just did our lane several times...decided I "need" to be able to run it all the way from the highway to the mailbox and eventually beyond. Wonder how long it will take me to be able to do that. I was about 25 to 30 feet short today. I suppose in a couple of weeks I should be there. That's a great little slope to work on. Sounds like you're getting a good workout there...good for you! How is the house hunting going?

    ReplyDelete