Thursday, February 9, 2012








I'm with Cupid!


last seen at Wal-Mart ☺


Sunrise ♥





House Rules




          Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often. 











Heidi's chocolate mousse.





Patty's house, Patty's way...no fun if you take games too seriously.
Each of us played all of our tiles!





Procrastination has it's good side. You always have something to do tomorrow.







Mindy went to language school in Seville, 
Spain, for six months and then 
spent a few weeks traveling in Spain in 2002. For the last 
five weeks of her stay, she decided to travel around other parts of 
Europe, so I flew over with plane tickets
I got using credit card miles.  I landed in 
Madrid where friends, Don and Barbara graciously 
welcomed us into their home.  Mindy waited impatiently, while I slept off jet lag. 

We took the train to Barcelona, 
and then the bus through the night
into Florence where we began our tour of Italy,
which lasted the next nine days, covering Sienna, Rome, 
Pompeii, Venice and Torino.  

Shivering in the rain and cold of a European winter that 
pierced even through the thick, hearty layers of Wyoming 
winter clothing, we purchased three prints of the old buildings 
in their summer outfits, from a street vendor.

Good intentions, and good memories notwithstanding, 
the prints stood encased in cardboard 
 in the corner for the next several years.  

A couple of years later I ran across some $2 frames at a yard sale that
 really fit quite perfectly.  Then one day I decided to stop at Michael's in
 Billings to choose some mats, and picked them up a few weeks later.

 This week, while cleaning, dusting, and rearranging my office area,
 I decided to see if I had all the pieces.
The only thing I was lacking to finish the project, 
was three pieces of glass to protect the prints, something to 
tape them into place, and the backing. 
The glass shop called yesterday to say I could pick up the glass.

Mom taught me to finish one project before I start the next 
and required us to do it.  She bought the 
supplies for sewing projects for three daughters sewing at the same time
so things could have gotten out of hand, but she nipped that little problem in the bud.
Nearing the end of a project, I would sometimes get a feeling of disappointment, 
but I soon learned that it was the finishing
touches, the hem, and tacking down facings, that gave me
the satisfaction I had envisioned at the beginning of the project...something I could wear.

I marvel at how far from that ideal I have gotten.  We have 
numerous projects started and quite a few not finished, and while I live
in hope of finished projects I've learned to live with some that aren't finished and may never be.  We have started and completed more projects than a lot of people, and sometimes
my friend, Marguerite, marvels at all we get done, but that isn't the point.

Finishing projects has as much meaning as the project itself. 









Real crystal, everlasting flowers.






Hope and new beginnings! ♥





Looks like an overwhelming task, but I think if I get organized...
Working towards spring, I'm sure of it!
It's a process!




Baby Mukluks
                           




Light! ♥



5 comments :

  1. I love your account of the process it took to get that art into frames. Do I ever have similar stories. We start to feel all defensive that we haven't got _______ done, but there is always a good reason, however circling it might be. Yes, a major part of the project is the finishing...SOOO satisfying! Now I should look around and find a project I haven't finished to work on :) Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Tish...somehow missed your response to this last week! Thanks and it made me smile! I still have to pick up my glass...he he! It has been a rough week, though, I must say.
    And a short one, too! Wonder if you did find a project unfinished? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister! You ARE such a good writer. I'm so much enjoying your blog. It is a sorry thing how miserably I've failed in this area of unfinished projects. For now, it's the end of birthday day and I'm off to bed way too late.

    Hugs and kisses to my dear, dear sister from the sister who...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I can't say that I DID do an unfinished project. I did catch up on my mending pile the other day. Well, shoot, when I think about it more, I'm working on several EVERY DAY. um....let's see here....two kids....ah, fulfilling life....er...clean and tidy house...also...being a loving friend, mother and wife...yeah I guess I could go on but that wasn't really the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...but that IS the point! Way to go! Although I did get my framing done!

    ReplyDelete