Friday, October 24, 2014


Tip: Practice What You Preach

Sailor's Warning

Third Grade Slumber Party Fall-Out


They hurt others and
Themselves willy-nilly,
They have a group but
Their world is silly.

With a side of gossip,
They serve up lies,
Become vicious predators
With judgmental eyes.

For those poor souls accepted
Into the popular group,
 To a ritual of cruelty
They must constantly stoop.

But for those who stand,
Suffering is certain
If you do not pass
This crazy initiation.

The lonely losers bear an
Endless awkward debt
As friends fall into silence 
Pretending they aren't upset.

A horrid cycle flourishes
And steeped in their own soil,
Those who join them there
Are used to being spoiled.

But this mysterious grace
We find is meant for good.
Oppression has some blessings 
If for something pure we stood.

The heart grows still and strong, 
Real friends we don't betray.
Trust becomes a treasure
We would never give away.



Blue and Gold at Sunrise




New this week: Sketchbook Skool - A Drawing Journal


Colored Cotoneaster 


 People who want to share their religious views with you
 almost never want you to share yours with them. 

                                               ~Dave Barry


Tonal Roses



I don't never have any trouble in regulating my own conduct, 
but to keep other folks' straight is what bothers me.  

                                                              ~ Josh Billings








3 comments :

  1. Okay, this is the umpteenth time that I have typed a whole comment and then when I try to proceed with posting it, it disappears. Please know that on several posts that don't have any comments from me, it is because I had a good comment and it disappears and then I don't have the energy to reconstruct it.

    I enjoyed your poem. It has lovely rhyming effects, and paints great pictures in my mind, even if I am too tired right now to look deeper and find any life lessons.

    I am adoring the bright colors and many details of your sketch/drawing/painting. What fun!

    Love also the picture of the fall foliage. Oh the beauties that autumn brings!

    Roses are not usually my favorite flower, but in this photo that is art, I am enjoying the muted colors with the contrast of sharp, clear petals.

    Keep up the good work!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really sorry about the trouble with leaving comments. I know it's frustrating! I am too tired to think very hard about my replies, as well! Too tired to go to bed tonight, so here I sit. Worked on preparing for a water color lesson for later this week which I am looking forward to taking. I snapped the roses in the grocery store while Mr. Jerry checked out. T'was a challenge to present roses differently and I always love a fresh idea, so although I thought they were beautiful, I decided to go for the tweaking this time. Fall foliage is really speaking to me this year. Thankful for a nice, long and lovely Indian Summer, but winter is just around the corner as we expect cooler temps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't never have any trouble in regulating my own conduct,
    but to keep other folks' straight is what bothers me."

    This quote tickles my funny bone because I have two children who talk to other drivers as we go along telling them (the other driver who is not driving as they ought) as if they could hear what they did wrong. Mutter mutter comes to mind and I laugh every time even if the laugh is silently done.

    Oh my goodness, your poem is good. The thing is I remember that slumber party and how bad it turned out. I was about 5 years old. I thought it was second grade but no matter. Either way it was a disaster. So much so there was never another one (slumber party) for you or any of your younger siblings. I've also kept that rule so the experience has been handed down a couple generations and promises to continue on for more generations. I would say that experience was in the neighborhood of 45 years ago and it still makes an impression.

    Yes, your photos are stunning. Your drawing is giving me much delight as well. Like your mustard drawing the other day. Maybe by now you've seen how much you inspired me to draw and paint as I did two today and emailed them to you. Yay! It's great self care. Thanks for sharing so many things. I admire your writing talent and your drawing and photography, but most of all your generous kindliness. It is an honor to know you.

    ReplyDelete