Wednesday, October 29, 2014


"Falling" In Love


This is Art

It is a trap 
To live in a world
That refuses to clap,
Demands silence;
Says this you attract.
Art is the acceptable
Mode of expression.
We view emotion
By our own interpretation,
In imperfect lines,
An object of devotion.
Sorrow, loss, failure,
In moments of desperation
We seek happiness
Through your imperfection.
Life insists on dishing out hurt,
Seeks it's own balance
As if equal rights are
Equal suffering.
Pain is everywhere
And your own is the worst
Yet don't speak of it
Because nobody will believe
You aren't the problem.
     
              MMB

Baked Balsamic Pineapple

Slice half  of a pineapple and spread on baking sheet.

(Equally delicious, we have also used sliced peaches and halved strawberries.) 

Sprinkle with real maple syrup or raw brown sugar.
Sprinkle with Balsamic Vinegar.
Bake at 250° for 1 hour.
Serve with Creme Fraiche.

Recipe from friend Leilani P.



Attempt at Food Art

After I arranged the pineapple pieces in rose petal-like squiggles,
I wanted to draw this in my journal, but knew it's destiny was to be eaten
before I would have a chance to draw it.  I'm no quick draw, so I took a picture 
instead.  Since I was out of Creme Fraiche, I served it here with a mixture of powdered
sugar and creme cheese.  
Greybull, Wyoming at about 9 o'clock in the morning.


Lovely Fall

Pat Weiner, Artist
Teaching me to see.


5 comments :

  1. HO sister! I like the poem. I think you must have written it and I like the backdrop you put it on. Of course the Lovely Fall photo is spectacular and I'm also loving your food photos. Wonder what you used for the black table under the dish. I like that very much. So delish looking and I oh so much wish I was there or you were here to share. Wonderful visit this morning. I love the vulnerability you shared. You endear yourself to me over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my pineapple dish, I simply removed a stack of books from one of my black end tables from Target and used natural light. Yes, I did write the poem. Wasn't quite sure it was done, so thank you for the supportive and positive comment. The idea felt complete however uncertain I felt about the wording. Pat has been great in helping me side-step over-tweaking. I'm glad it was not a struggle to decipher something meaningful this time. The photo was a mis-hap of sorts, but seemed so eye-catching that it was a shame not to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the poem too, and especially the background it's on, just like Mom said. Your pictures make me want to run right out and get pineapple/peaches/strawberries and some creme fraiche, although I think powdered sugar on top of cream cheese would win out for me too!!! Makes my mouth water.

    Loving loving your fall colors. Wish sometimes I had a camera that took quality pictures, but let's face it, I'd just leave it at home most of the time anyway. Maybe when kids are no longer needing such focused attention?

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I put the leaves as my desktop background *grin*

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  5. The creme fraiche was not as sweet but the texture and flavor was perfect, especially with the peaches and strawberries. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon, too.

    Glad you like my picture! Fall must be about over, but had a spectacular sunset again last night. The poetry was my contrary side speaking. It needs to vent every so often.

    ReplyDelete