Wednesday, September 18, 2013



MORE, SHE SAYS



Going the Distance


On the move with everything ~ 
Athens by Bus, To the Airport 
via the Holiday Inn Shuttle - 
hey, it's free -
(the day I almost lost my camera bag 
when I left it on the bus at the airport).
Mindy watched our stuff while 
Lisa and I went
after it. Speaking Greek helps 
when you're in a panic.

Sunday Swim ~ Paleochori 



Fancy Building Blocks

"On the Blocks" - Pollonia


Yours Truly and Company



'Merica  Belongs

The best pizza we found is at her owner's corner Ice Cream Shop in Pollonia.
Prociutto and Capers Pizza.

Around the Block ~ Morning Jog ~ Adamas

That light is sunrise.  Around 7 A.M.
After four days of sleeping in we started to realize that this was an ideal time to explore the city at leisure.




Shopping ~ Pollonia

Adamas

Sarakiniko Cyclades

Athens Rooftop View
High and Dry ~ Adamas

Cave Explorers


Sun-dried Adamas Ocotopi ~ 
We chose Angelica's for a scoop of frozen yogurt each.  Wonder Why.
Old Shipwreck - Sarakiniko

A Yellow House - Adamas 
Guided Hiking Group Headed to the Crater of the Volcano ~ Sarakiniko -
Wanted to follow, but Lisa's shoes weren't adequate for a hike.

Convention Sunset ~ the First, the Prettiest.


Greek and English Hymn!  There are many.  Loved the
addition of the harmonica.

Lunch Break ~ Not a bomb, I decided, although it looks slightly threatening.
It didn't occur to me to pay a bit of attention until we were gathering up a long
strand of snarled fishing line.  No ticking and the wires weren't connected to anything.

Yes, that's sunburn, in case you were wondering.


Far Enough For Us

4 comments :

  1. So yes, MORE and MORE. Love all these photos and captions which help us enjoy your trip even more. Wonderful. I am just enjoying your photos so much. Thank you and whenever you can we'll take more of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think I'm about at the end of my resources for pictures from Greece. I am finding that the mostly cloudless sky didn't produce the fabulous sunsets of Wyoming, so it was good to be home. Now enjoying cloudless glowing evening skies of Phoenix that silhouette the palm trees, and off to see what Nebraska is like. Next stop, Valentine.

      Delete
  2. On this post, I'm not inspired to say much beyond what I have already said about your trip on previous posts. However, I MUST say, I LOVE that pink bike!!!!

    And chuckled at "far enough for us". Never even imagined a sign that depicted clothing NOT being allowed. HAHA

    LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Sorry I didn't inspire you with this post! The yellow house was actually an inspiration to me. Imagine being the only yellow house in a village of white houses.

    ReplyDelete