Thursday, August 16, 2012


Ups and Downs

Drive-By Shooting ~ Refinery Lights 



Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.

Lord Byron


Triplets!






Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and 
the delight in the recognition.

Alexander Smith

The Heart of Cedar Mountain


Haiku of My Own Making

Very cold water
Poured from an ice-filled jug
Into new bottles.



My muscles tingle,
Pressing up the steady slope, 
Trying to keep up.


Desert Colors






Camo bunny blends,
Hops and stops in the grasses.
You can't see me, right?

Inspiration With a View



A dead tree standing.
Why don’t you climb it, he says.
Sure, but you go first.



Right.  This fools...nobody?


























There a tree stands tall
Next to a great big boulder.
The tree bends and grows. 




Cricket chirps compete
With steps crunching on gravel,
Buzzing in the night.




Night falls silently
And lights appear far away
Can they see us too?


SURPRISE! (Very Bright Flash)


Keeping my balance
Sliding, grabbing, walking close.
I will hold the light.


T

There is no remedy for love but to love more.  ~Henry David Thoreau

Jerry-Riggin'?




Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.



Josh Billings









It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.

Miguel de Unamuno


Proceed with Caution


 Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way -
 that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle



Dying is only one thing to be sad over... Living unhappily is something else.

Morrie Schwartz

4 comments :

  1. Thank you for the blog treat this morning. Enjoyed your photos, Haiku, and quotes.

    So nice to touch base with you yesterday. Way too short but we I hope for another chance soon.

    Having a hard time catching up on my sleep. Why was I awake for at 4:30 this morning? Laid there for an hour trying to fall asleep again. Now I will start putting the camping clutter and three weeks of living and flower jobs away.
    btswdnwtbioti

    ReplyDelete
  2. We quit at 11 last night, and at 4:30 I was snoozing away! Been enjoying pleasant dreams lately, even solved some of the world's problems in my sleep a couple of nights ago. That was nice! Now if only it translated into real life! But a decently noticeable headache has set it, a result, I believe, of the smoky skies around here. Worked with windows open yesterday to disperse cleaning chemicals. Sooo...not feeling wonderful today. I need some of your energy! Loved calling yesterday to find you asleep at what, 9 AM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mom probably WAS asleep at 9 am that morning. I had been there the day before, babysitting 4 kids while their various parents went out of town or to work. Then of course my 2 in the mix. Mom and Dad didn't get home until 9 pm, and there were still kids to load up and drop off at the other house. They had got up at 4:45 that morning. Gotta catch up once in awhile, don'tcha? I know I do!

    Haiku's are my favorite form of poetry. The kind I can actually do if I try. I'm much better at organizing syllables into a complete thought than getting things to rhyme and so forth. Really enjoyed yours!

    Fun pictures. I like "jerry-riggin'?"!

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I figured there was some background to the story. Wasting the day was still being in bed at 7 AM when we grew up! I was on my way to town to help Jerry when I called, and smiled all the way to town to think of her catching up on some sleep! :) Still makes me happy! Would be fun to do see some of your Haiku, LW!!

    ReplyDelete