Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer. 


     





         
  Experience is a good school. But the fees are high. 
                                                             Heinrich Heine
  



                   

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down
 at a typewriter and bleed.” 
― Ernest Hemingway





"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)



















Be able to go shopping for a bathing suit and not become depressed afterward.


            









  “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” 
 Albert Einstein









"You have to be very fond of men. Very, very fond.
You have to be very fond of them to love them. 
Otherwise they're simply unbearable." -
Marguerite Duras







“We don't see things as they are, we 
see them as we are.” 
                                ― Anaïs Nin








Spring 
Is hope quite hidden  
In a chest, during winter,
Softly opened,
Musty. 

Sunbeams,
Lighting up morning,
Smoothing out wrinkles,
Slightly dazed
And dusty.

Chilly,
Frozen for a season,
Old and cold,
Half-forgotten,
Frosty.

Damply,
Life renewed, twinkles
Through the dew drops,
In textured folds, 
Misty.


 ~yours truly~
Genius is sorrow's child. 
John Adams

4 comments :

  1. Admiring your courage to write a poem! I really dislike writing poetry myself. And also LOVING (as usual) your awesome photography. At least I assume it is yours, and if some of it's not, well I'm really enjoying it anyway. :) LW from SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. At your service, my dear niece! The photography is all mine with one exception. I had some assistance from my husband for one picture! Yes, writing a poem was not very comfortable. Oh, well, likely will get better with practice. That seems to be how it goes! Other writing wasn't coming along at all well, this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear sister, Nice refreshing photos and writing. You are quite good at this. That poem is notably good. My brain does not work in that direction so extra admiration that your does. I thank you for this gift at the end of a long day. Working two jobs now. Work 7 hour days at one winery then drive lickety split to the second winery to work 5 hours. Had to do something about sore feet. Rubbed arnica in after work last night. Today was better. Partly because I used three pair of shoes, all low heeled (UGLY!) Love the work, don't love the schedule or the chaos at home. LW from SE WA took over the care and raising of her two siblings this week. I miss them so much and look forward to getting them back tomorrow. Spring break is ending.

    Next weekend: VRBO, first of the season. Have Sun, Mon and Tues. off so will get as much done as possible.

    Did I tell you how much I enjoy the winery work? I think I did. It is the most fun work of any I've ever done. My job is to make the guests feel admired, enjoyed, appreciated. If I can figure out anything to tell them about the wine it is a bonus, but not required. I LIKE it! I get to poke fun at my wine ignorance and the customers get a charge out of helping me and we laugh together alot.

    Here is one conversation tonight as I carry around an unmarked carafe of wine: "I forget what is in this carafe...do you want to try it?"

    "Sure!"

    "If I remember correctly it is Ted and Mike's favorite wine....Meritage something or other. It might be the 2006 vintage. How about this, you taste it and see if you can tell me what it is...."

    Taste, taste, taste. "Hmmm no, I think it is the 2007..." We roar with laughter because now they are getting into the game of making stuff up.

    "Okay, now I'm going to go back to Ted and have him tell me again what this is."

    Ted: It is the 2006 Meritage, rhymes with heritage. It is a blend of Cab, Merlot, something I can't remember, something else I can't remember and malbec. Ted so did not say something I can't remember. I go back to the customer: "Okay, it was the 2006 Meritage, rhymes with heritage, it is a blend of Cab, merlot, something, something and malbec.

    Guest: "Oh that's just exactly the blend I wanted...especially that new wine grape called something something.

    Well we laughed until we hurt and we had a very fun time kidding around.

    Better get to bed tomorrow. Easter egg hunts and lunch to organize tomorrow for children and grandchildren. Fun, fun.

    Love you tons
    tswdnwtbioti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm missing some spring pictures of the fun, the eggs, the dresses! Your account of the wine tasting is very funny! So glad you're able to "wing it"! Your sense of fun has always been a great asset, but twelve hours plus, is a long time on your feet...sending you a "virtual foot rub"! Hope it does you some good. If you ever get the wine list memorized, you'll have done better than me and our plethora of plumbing parts.

    ReplyDelete