Sunday, November 16, 2014


IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOTS, 
'BOUT THE BOOTS


Birthday Boots Trial Run - No Sweating!

Dinner Date
 -14° ~ No Trouble
Cold, Cold Heart ...(mountain)


Raised Up To Branch Out
Barn Again

"photo shop"

aka Amber Dawn, Altered

(If camera settings still seem to be a mystery, Picasa 3 has answers.)







The main courses this week were tacos x2, 

steamed salmon burnished 
with coconut oil and a sprinkle of a dried 
spinach organic seasoning from Posergy 
and a side of salad, 

then birthday dinner ~ Raclette ~
White Cheddar, Onions, Potatoes,
Havarti Cheese, Artisan Bread, Peppers, Mushrooms,
Muenster, Avocado, Shrimp, Repeat.





going a little feather

Stick Figures

Eggs Au Naturale

2 1/2 Foot Snow Drift is one thing,
but combining it with -12° is another.
"8 Degrees Fahrenheit feels like a "heat wave"
may be an exaggeration but 33° F felt
almost warm by comparison.




Homeward Bound

Winter blasted right through the screen on the door.


                                                            Same Door: Outside View
A drift.
Wake Up Little Cedar 



Paper Rows

Needed the couch for an essential oil foot massage, so hastily moved the paperwork
that covered everything but where I had been sitting.  
I am not looking forward to sorting that pile again.  
There is an efficiency rule about handling papers once.  
Yikes!  Might be losing that battle right now.




On Top of Old Snowy

Beauty but I'm glad I don't have to work in it.

All kinds of challenges arrive when the temperature drops 60 degrees overnight and stays there for a week; cracked fingertips from the cold, warming up vehicles, searching for the scrapers to deal with rough ice on the windshield under a foot of snow -  There may have been some frustrated tones of inner voices and things unspoken but manifested by a disgruntled attitude.  For instance:

 "Who has time for this.  I have an appointment in 10 minutes!"

Out Loud:

 "Not another frozen sewer!  For the last three days, you say!?  Can you wait until tomorrow?"
 "Where ARE the bandaids???"
 "I wore my tennis shoes to work and there's a foot of snow up here!"
"I'm starved."
"The bank called."
"Call Vicki about her missing bill."

Against our will and through exhaustion, we slow down; from "Forward, Ho!" to a weather-forced break.  Soup suffices, band-aids are found but are the wrong everything else, oils and lotions are located, hot food is administered again and again, warm blankets, hot drinks and hot baths applied.  All is well.


6 comments :

  1. ...and we're bellyachin' and feeling almost all of the same emotions and troubles, but the lowest we've been is +11 degrees, maybe? and that only in the dark before the dawn. And no snow.

    We're thankful for oils and lotions, tea/coffee, coats/hats/gloves, a warm fireplace and a hot water tank that's truckin' right along. Hooray!

    But what a year for weather, huh? Just wild. A week before this 11 degrees, it said 69 on the car thermometer. 60 degree drop, I hear ya! Ta ta ta tum...winter is here.

    Maybe just handling the paper one time less than usual would be an improvement - let's not worry about getting all the way down to 1 time yet!

    Happy happy warm food. I'm finally getting over my major dinner-cooking slump from the past month now that I can cook nummy fall (winter?) food.

    Love LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take any relief in the temps quite happily - hovering around zero, but that is better than the minuses.

      Everything takes longer to do - working in the shop means building a fire so you can stand it, a roaring one.

      Tacos again tonight. Yesterday's lunch too. I am out of lettuce so enjoyed adding peppers, avocado and purple onion to the meat and beans before filling the tortilla. I have no idea what I am going to fix tomorrow but it's a busy day, so I need to figure it out right away. What suggestions do you have?

      Yes, one less time would be a decent aim for the paperwork handling. I am encouraged by your realism again. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Oooops - I don't check every day, so didn't get your request until now, nearly a week later. Boo. Would have loved to help! I love to just do baked potatoes with toppings for a quick meal, other than the baking time for the potatoes. I also have a few skillet meals that are not too tricky. Will get those recipes to you sometime. But the best suggestions are going to be for things you have on hand all the time, and we each keep different staples in our kitchens, I know! :)

      Also, I forgot to send giggles over your title during my last comment. Is that inspired by the recent hit song All About that Bass? I don't know all the words by any means but have heard it several times in stores and whatnot.

      Love LW in SE WA

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the suggestion. Jerry would like more potatoes. You will see my blog this week actually is about scrounging through what is on hand exactly.
      Today it is all about that power, of which we have zero. No garage door opener. No computer. No lights. No heat. No hot water. Just me and the cat. No trouble. IF you look up lyrics you may find a few more references herein to the popular song.

      Delete
  2. Great photos and great titles. Yummy food. Great writing. Glad you posted that drift photo by your back door. It makes me feel very grateful for our relatively mild winter. Today I baked fresh ground whole wheat bread. Love it now that I know how to make it turn out right. Takes a few carbs to get through these cold days. Doesn't hurt any that the heat from the oven feels better. Also, I have heated floors in the kitchen so that's where I wanna be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That writing didn't qualify because I didn't spend hours on it. Ha! I just can't compete with homemade bread. Sorry! The closest I want to get to the kitchen is, well, the kitchen table where my painting is set up! See response above.

      Delete